Friday, August 06, 2010

Long Way

People who surround themselves with others, noise, energy have a problem: they are afraid to be alone. It makes sense, once again to me today, why they do so. Once you are alone you start to think about and face the things you had been running away from. Trying not to cry about. Or to not cry too much about. You want to be a joyful, happy person. One connected with life and beauty and God. But how can one accomplish that if they stop doing the charity work, stop hanging out with friends for one night, running all the time to add lines to their resume. How can you stop and enjoy the scenery, smell the grass and touch the thorns? That is indeed what makes people people. It's what makes us appreciate both the glass that's half empty and the one that's half full.
So by cleaning and listening and being silent, I realize there may be things I have been running away from. Just me, but still. I should be okay in my own skin. Or...at least okay in taking the time to chill alone and talk to God and let Him talk to me. Every day, yes. But in deep desperate content moments its also refreshing. Potentially bittersweet, depending on subject matter. But soothing nonetheless.

No comments: