Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Dead Fish

As many hard-working students feel, I am living at school. These days I even bring my tooth brush and tooth paste in case it will be a long day. I may not prepare for overnighting very well but if its school, I'm good. Well prepared. Brush, deodarant, phone charger.
Professors travel to coworkers offices between grading papers and helping students. "Are you eating dead fish with me today?"
I'm feeling a revolution coming on. In some instances there are many frusterating, counter-productive things happening. No where else to go but up, right?
Friends with babies and brothers traveling for R&R make me ready to be away from the Burg. Boca Raton, give me your 70 degree weather! Heated pool, surround me with your joy! Road trip, yield great music with great friends! This break is a much needed one for all of us.

So while some of us work our tails off and some of us sit on our hands and say we are doing just as much, let us look forward. Spring break is almost here. Show throwing will be at peace for a week. God is good in providing relief, which is Himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) i have a backpack toothbrush AND a bathroom toothbrush... it's just easier.

2) "which is Himself." i definitely needed to hear that today. happy spring break!