Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Peppermint makes the night go by!

Bo Burnham...Love Is...



Never was a big fan of whistles.


My friends and I elved ourselves.
This is what sometimes happens when three people get together to do homework. And, for the record, I never know how to feel about Helen Keller.

Radio announcers have amazing abilities. Have you ever listened to them? They have the ability to talk for hours, yet stay on task for the show. Today Sean Hannity interrupted someone who was talking and said, "OK bye." It was super rude, however hilarious and the show went on. Talk show hosts also have to know the right kind of questions to steer their guest speakers into talking about certain things. Sometimes the genius of the host comes out in their random comments.
The same cannot be said for the Sweet Briar ladies who run NRN at night. Dead air is not kosher, girls - everyone knows this.

Sometimes when I'm overwhelmed with life I consider running away to be a talk show host. Run away from my problems only to tell them to the rest of the world. There's always place for a little bit of irony.

....at the end of a great poem by an unknown person:
"to hear you talk nine months ago,
this would be the last hurrah. take off
your old pessimism. take a breath. take off
your shoes and walk about. surprise, surprise"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

radio talk shows are kinda like blogs. no conclusions, just process, process, process.

and while i'm at it, i love all the affirmation and all the shout-outs! thanks! (...i can't believe i didn't let you know about my blog earlier!)

Mez said...

LOL i have to watch myself or I'll comment on everything in your blog! That can get very old.
Looking forward to McDonald's in Japan with you!

Anonymous said...

oh, comment away. i think all my friends are afraid of over-commenting. it's a weird thing that happens with poetry -- people feel like it's too "deep" to make a comment about, or they're afraid they don't "get" it.

(actually, one friend told me she thinks everything i write must be about some deep personal feeling i have, so she just makes comments to me in person, so i won't be embarrassed. i'm always like, "what? no, no, no, it's not that personal. but thanks for being sensitive!")

Mez said...

BAHAHAHA has she read your blog? Really? They're totally not all from the same perspective!
But hilarious, nonetheless. I go to it now.